Thursday, April 28, 2011

Homesick and Seasick

Okay, okay. I have been gone for a long while. But I have excuses! I had the world’s worst sore throat all last week. And this week I have had stomach flu type nausea. I might as well be below deck on a sailboat in a stormy sea.


What’s the normal prescription for a sour stomach?


Why… saltines and ginger ale – duh!


Do grocery stores in England have saltines and ginger ale?


??


NOOOOOOOOOO, they do not.


And so I am left sprinkling salt onto “cream biscuits” – a very sorry substitute indeed.


So, as you see, I will return to regular postings in a little while. As soon as I feel well enough to jog over to the grocery store in St Johns Wood that imports saltines and ginger ale (and oreos, and triscuits, and other delicious Americana) all for a reasonable five times price uptick – hah. It will be by far the most expensive processed food I have ever bought, but it will be so worth it.


Pictures and stories from our trip to Northern Wales last weekend will be uploaded and told after I procure saltines and ginger ale. A girl can only do so much when so under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment